The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 05-09-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 05-09-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D Yesterday was different to what i normally do, i volunteered to be a carriage steward on the Flying Scotsman train and very enjoyable it was.

Today i was joined by Jonathan, Len and Colin, after a brew we found in our workshop a replacement LED light fitting which Simon the full time ELR electrician had sourced for us, this was fitted in trap one of the ladies toilets on platform two. :idea:

The two spare platform light fittings were stripped, sanded down and then painted, lunch was then taken to allow the paint to dry in the glorious sunshine. :)
It was Jonathan's birthday today so we celebrated with a very tasty madeira cake provided by Jonathan. :D

The plastic covers of the platform lights were cleaned and then the fittings were tested before being re-assembled and stored away in our workshop. 8)

The General Manager asked us if we could have a look at a brass plate which had become loose at the base of one of the front doors of the booking office at BBS.
A screw was taken out of another plate and used to secure the plate until we can find some correct replacement screws. :roll:

Everyone seemed to be enjoying their day out on this Flying Scotsman event in the warm sunshine and after a final brew we managed to finish off Jonathan's birthday cake. 8)

Back next week, what will be in store for us. :?:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.