The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 18-07-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 18-07-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today i was joined by Clive, Jonathan, ,John and Len back for the first time in over fifteen months, the weather forecast today was for very hot day so we set out our workbench outdoors, under the overbridge at Bury Bolton Street Station to provide us with a bit of shade. :o

We had a swift brew before Clive, John and Len caught the first train hauled by the Bury Standard 4 Group engine, 80097 up to Rawtenstall Station to attempt a repair on the works clock mechanism, some coils had gone open circuit and Clive was trying some replacement coils. :|

Jonathan and myself tested out the fire alarm call point at the top of the stairs on platform three/four, the test was satisfactory and the results logged. :)

We then reassembled the canopy light units after we had drilled out and retapped a broken screw from one of the fittings we had taken down and refurbished last week, these were then taken over to the platform to await being reinstalled.

The mobile tower scaffold was then taken out of storage and erected on platform 3/4, awaiting the return of Clive, John & Len, in the meantime Jonathan and myself had our lunch in the glorious sunshine. 8)

Our colleagues returned from Rawtenstall, had their lunch and a brew, then we all went over to platform 3/4 to take down two more of the canopy lights and replace them with the newly refurbished ones. :D

The scaffold was then dismantled and the two canopy lights removed back to our workshop, were we stripped them down, cleaned the plastic covers and rubbed down all the metalwork ready for Jonathan to paint them in black smoothrite paint. 8)

We all then had a final brew and a slice of jam sponge provided by John, before we tidied everything away and packed in for the day.

We shall be back next Sunday to carry on with the BBS Station canopy light refurbishment project. :roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.