The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 18-12-2011.

asbibby

The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 18-12-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan, Clive, John and myself braved the snow and ice to get to the railway today, Len is still recovering.

Jonathan and myself tested the fire alarm call points in The Trackside Pub/Cafe, the findings were recorded.

We were informed that the strip light in the toilet in the booking office at BBS was not working, a new tube was fitted which fixed the problem.
A light in the Ladies toilet on platform two was reported as not working, this we would look into later in the day.

It was then decided that we would all catch the Santa train, Clive and John would alight at Summerseat to re-install the timer for the station lights and Jonathan and myself would carry on to Ramsbottom then change trains catching the DMU up to Rawtenstall.
The driver and guard were asked if they would stop at Townsend Fold signal box so we could re-install the hot water heater which we hopefully have repaired.
The heater was refitted and after a bit of sorting we managed to stop the water leaking from the flexible water pipe, time will tell if the problem has been sorted after fitting new fibre washers.
The electrical connections were remade and the heater tested, success hot water.

The bobby at Townsend Fold stopped the incoming train to Rawtenstall to enable us to climb back onboard for our return journey back to BBS.

A late lunch was then taken, we met Clive and John back in our workshop after they had sorted out the lighting problem at Summerseat Station.

Clive and John had meanwhile fitted a replacement D type bulb in cubicle two of the Ladies toilet on platform two.

After lunch we sourced the long ladders grabbed our tools and some spare edison screw energy saver bulbs and some spare fuses and legged it across to Castlecroft Yard to sort out three of the Victorian lamps which were not working.
The photocell was first covered up so the lights would come on, then the three lamps were checked out, two bulbs were replaced and one blown fuse, the lamp at the top of the steps was not working which was not surprising as there wasn't a bulb in the lamp head!
The cloth was removed from the photocell and all six lamps now work illuminating the path down to Castlecroft Yard.

We then returned back to the workshop and after returning the ladders,
a good brew and an Eccles cake was then consumed before calling it a day.
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, we are having a few weeks off now, see you all in the New Year.

Alan, Clive, John, Jonathan and Len. The Sunday Bright Sparks.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
stevedsmheywood

Post by stevedsmheywood »

You guys do a great job behind the scenes, the unsung hero's

Have a great Christmas see you in 2012.
charterboy

Post by charterboy »

Gents

Noticed that the 4th lamp from the North end at Summerseat was not working this evening. One for the list in the new year

Keep up the good work, much appreciated 8)
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

Did you say "Eccles Cakes" ? P Way have not graduated to Eccles cakes yet ! :D We will have to have a word with Shredder :D ,,he is not looking after us properly,must have got carried away with his new promotion. :D

Bret
mouldyjamontoast
Site Admin

Post by mouldyjamontoast »

I was the Guard of the Rawtenstall DMU on Sunday. It's always a pleasure to help and assist other colleagues.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all gents.
Alex King

ELR Guard, Guards Manager and Forum Admin
Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk
Phil B AKA Q1
Location: In a Signalbox, under a Land Rover or in front of a monitor.

Re: The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 18-12-2011.

Post by Phil B AKA Q1 »

asbibby wrote:The driver and guard were asked if they would stop at Townsend Fold signal box so we could re-install the hot water heater which we hopefully have repaired.
The heater was refitted and after a bit of sorting we managed to stop the water leaking from the flexible water pipe, time will tell if the problem has been sorted after fitting new fibre washers.
The electrical connections were remade and the heater tested, success hot water.

The bobby at Townsend Fold stopped the incoming train to Rawtenstall to enable us to climb back onboard for our return journey back to BBS.
Many thanks for taking the time to fix the water heater Alan. :D I am sure it will be appreciated by all the TF men. I shall keep an eye on the situation and keep you posted on any developments, but, in the nicest possible way, I don't want to talk to you again about the water heater! :lol:
Phil,

ALWAYS look on the Bright Side & Keep Smiling!