The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 20-11-2011.

asbibby

The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 20-11-2011.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan was in on Saturday doing some more work on the carriage plug refurbishment programme.

On Sunday Jonathan was joined by Len, John and myself, Clive will be back next week after a brief sojurn.

On my way down from Baron Street i picked up two electrical heaters which had been removed faulty from Townsend Fold, to be looked at by us.

First job for Len & Jonathan was to test the fire alarm call point systems in BBS and The Trackside. Everything was found to be normal and the findings logged.

Roger from the 26B group had informed us that one of the floodlights under the booking office was not working, so while Len and Jonathan were testing out the call points I got out our tower scaffold.
The scaffold was erected and a spare bulb sourced, after investigating the fault turned out just to be a loose bulb, the unit was covered in bird droppings so we took the oppertunity to clean the light unit and grease the hinges and fastening screws.

Simon the full time electrician then called into the workshop to ask us to replace all the lights illuminating The Trackside signs outside of the building.
Seven new units had been bought to replace the life expired ones, the scaffold was moved outside the main entrance to the Trackside with customers asked to use the gate adjacent and to use the platform entrance.
There were three units to remove outside of the main entrance which took a bit of doing to remove, then jonathan fitted new units.
We then broke for some lunch.

I then had to leave for a prior appointment but left the rest of the electricians to install the remainder of the lights.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Phil B AKA Q1
Location: In a Signalbox, under a Land Rover or in front of a monitor.

Re: The Sunday Electrical Volunteers Report 20-11-2011.

Post by Phil B AKA Q1 »

asbibby wrote:On my way down from Baron Street i picked up two electrical heaters which had been removed faulty from Townsend Fold, to be looked at by us.
Thanks Alan. Sig Ops are quite keen to take advantage of your services and I have another cunning plan to give you a day out in the new year, providing the rest of the Sig Ops management team agree with my idea.

Watch this space. :)
Phil,

ALWAYS look on the Bright Side & Keep Smiling!
asbibby

Townsend Fold Signal Box.

Post by asbibby »

If someone can contact Simon the electrician, he has the keys to our workshop under the stairs. There is a spare fan heater in there which you can borrow to keep warm, untill we have fixed or replaced the ones which we have in for repair.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.