The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 5-6-2022

marflow

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 5-6-2022

Post by marflow »

Just three of us today. Alan Colin and myself, Clive.
Went to Heywood with the two signs we brought back some while ago. Colin had made two new wooden mounting boards from proper wood instead of the original plywood. Having said that, it did last nearly 20 years.
I had procured some 3.5" u clamps as the old ones were all rusted up. All fixed and good. Though a rather wet and soggy job.
Took one more sign back to use as a template for the remaining signs.

It was great watching the various 40s acts and costumes. So time for lunch.

I spent a while with Colin sorting the stuff in our cupboard whilst Alan went to do some stuff for Standard 4. Whilst he wasn't looking, I got rid of some stuff. He's a bit of a hoarder, you know!

We tried to get the speedo meter from The Black 5 working. Though we couldn't get it back to its original state, we did get the needle to move. We'll have to find a way to calibrate it.

It was gone 4 when we shut shop and left. See us all next week!
Somehow, I managed to miss The Spitfire.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 5-6-2022

Post by marflow »

marflow wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:50 pm Just three of us today. Alan Colin and myself, Clive.
Went to Heywood with the two signs we brought back some while ago. Colin had made two new wooden mounting boards from proper wood instead of the original plywood. Having said that, it did last nearly 20 years.
I had procured some 3.5" u clamps as the old ones were all rusted up. All fixed and good. Though a rather wet and soggy job.
Took one more sign back to use as a template for the remaining signs.

It was great watching the various 40s acts and costumes. So time for lunch.

I spent a while with Colin sorting the stuff in our cupboard whilst Alan went to do some stuff for Standard 4. Whilst he wasn't looking, I got rid of some stuff. He's a bit of a hoarder, you know!

We tried to get the speedo meter from The Black 5 working. Though we couldn't get it back to its original state, we did get the needle to move. We'll have to find a way to calibrate it.

It was gone 4 when we shut shop and left. See us all next week!
Somehow, I managed to miss The Spitfire.
And a big thanks to whoever fixed the forum. The Phantom Phorum Phixer.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
XTMike

Post by XTMike »

Spitfire was cancelled because of poor weather. Cloud too low for pilot to see where he was going.
Mike
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

Hi, Mike,
Could you please ask the man who looks after the NUELR Forum to see if he can reinstate the edit on items posted, we can't rectify any mistakes in the reports.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Bluegoldfish

Post by Bluegoldfish »

You should see an edit icon Image at the top-right of the panel containing your posting. If you do not see it then try clicking the post title (bold blue) at the top-left of the panel.

Remember that you can't edit some else's posting, only ones you have created.

I set up a 'normal' user for myself to help with testing when I upgraded the forum software recently and it is seeing the edit icon correctly.
Regards,

Chris Morgan