The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 28-11-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers report Sunday 28-11-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:) Just three of us in today, Len, Jonathan and myself, it was a cold start to the day and the first of the Santa Specials, a lot of people enjoying themselves.

We had a brew first with a bacon barm courtesy of our canteen to warm us all up a bit.

Len had an appointment in Baron Street ELRPS for a medical, so joined us later. :lol:

We were asked to sort out the lights on platform two outside of the Trackside pub, one of the corn LED bulbs kept flashing and another was not lit. :idea:
We changed both corn bulbs and cleaned the brackets and perspex globes with hot water to clear away a shed load of cobwebs and other debris.
All four lights are now working OK.

Jonathan then set to PAT testailway controllers for the Bury Standard 4 Group shop, they were then taken back to the shop. 8)

I repaired the Christmas lights at the end of platform two, they must have been blown down on Friday or Saturday evening in the storm, the sting of lights ended up on the track and had been run over by a train.
Fortunately the cable had been severed only one light from the end, this was stripped back and insulated, now working again OK..

The weather then turned a bit with heavy snow falling, at this stage Len and Jonathan decided to leave early to avoid any disruption getting home. :shock:

I then decided to have a tidy up in the workshop and swept up a load of detritus from the floor.

I shall be back in a couple of weeks and the other volunteers next Sunday. :roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.