The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-06-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-06-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D In today were Clive, Jonathan, John and myself after a swift brew we checked out the fire alarm call points at BBS were it was found to be in a fault state, after checking all the call points in zone 2 the fault still persisted.
After taking off the front panel it was found that the batteries were dead, they were dated 1996, well past their sell by date. :shock:

Clive had brought in two spare batteries for John luckily so these were connected up temporarily has they were to big to fit in the alarm panel and the lid to be shut.
New batteries will be ordered and the temporary ones removed, the fire alarm was tested out OK. :)

We had some lunch outside our workshop in the warming sun before tackling the next job.

The mobile tower scaffold was recovered from storage and erected on platform 3/4 at BBS to swap out two canopy lights which require refurbishment for two refurbished canopy lights which we keep as spares. :D

This will now be a ongoing job until all the canopy lights have been refurbished, pigeon deterrent devices will also be fitted to try to prevent all the bird poo from being deposited on the lights. :roll:

The new lights were tested before dismantling the scaffold and packing away all out tools, a final brew was had along with a quarter each of Tesco's finest cstrawberry & cream cake, provided by John. :D

Back next week for more light work. 8)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-06-2021.

Post by marflow »

Just to add to Alan's remarks:
1) The fault indication on the BBS fire alarm isn't the best. The only clue that it may be the batteries is that no zone was showing. Just "fault" So that only leaves the sounders and the batts. On opening 'the box', the clue was there: batts dated 1996. Whatever happened to regular maintenance?
2) Re the light refurb program for the platforms. The lights have all been fitted with an in line plug/socket. The two new lights plugs wouldn't fit the platform sockets. A small tweak and all was sorted!
3) The flu lights along the over-bridge and on the stair wells are also emergency lights. Not ONE worked. A couple came on for a few seconds. They will all need new batteries. I didn't count them but there must be about 20. They can be expensive. So I'm going to have a delve and see what I can find.

Interesting job for next week: The radio controlled clocks in the Rawtenstall tower have stopped. Will investigate next time.

Anyway. Great to be back!
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere