The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-6-2012.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-6-2012.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan was in again on Saturday stripping down, painting, reassembling and testing light fittings which we had located last week, some of these light fittings will be installed in the coming weeks in some of the Station shelters.

On Sunday I was joined by Jonathan, len, Clive and Chris with Simon joining us later, Len and Jonathan went off to test out the fire alarm call points in The Trackside and BBS, all was well and the findings recorded.

Simon the full time electrician joined us so we collected our tools and made our way to Bury Transport Museum to finish off the lighting of the plant rooms under the staging and in the plant room above the education room.
The job underneath the staging was tackled first, now that we had access to the attic room were the conduit vice, stocks and dies had been used by Simon during the last couple of weeks.
All the pieces of conduit were measured and then before having threads cut, this enabled us to complete the wiring to the new light fitting we had installed last week.
The new light fitting being six foot long, now illuminates the whole area were the electrical equipment is that controls the pedestrian bridges over the museum tracks.

Lunch was then taken back in our workshop at BBS with chocolates provided by Len's wife.

After lunch we gave Simon a hand in wiring up four six foot light fittings and conduit runs which Simon had been working on for the past few weeks.
The attic plant room which contains air conditioning and venting systems is now fitted with adequate lighting.

We went back to our workshop for a brew and to finish of some chocolate proffiteroles that I had brought in.

Jonathan, Chris and myself collected three sets of refurbished carriage plugs to take down to the Carriage & Wagon workshop, we had a chat with Lee Kenny re. the carriage plug replacements and recovered four old plugs and two carriage plug covers all to be refurbished by ourselves.

On getting back to BBS we met up with Clive and went for a trip up the line to Ramsbottom on The Standard Four tank engine and back to BBS on Sapper.

It had been a fine day with some lovely sunshine, even though it was a bit windy.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
mike-smashing

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-6-2012.

Post by mike-smashing »

asbibby wrote: Lunch was then taken back in our workshop at BBS with chocolates provided by Len's wife.

<snip>

We went back to our workshop for a brew and to finish of some chocolate proffiteroles that I had brought in.
Do I detect an arms-race brewing between Electrical and Pway on who has the best cakes and pastries? :lol:

Mike
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Quote - "even though it was a bit windy"

Try some "Setlers" or "Windeze"
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
marflow

Just had to be

Post by marflow »

Somehow I had a feeling that there was going to be a reply because of the embedded mention of food!
It may just be that the wind was due to the profiteroles?
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere