The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-4-2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 18-4-2010.

Post by asbibby »

Jonathan came in on Saturday to finish off some painting on the lamp heads for Summerseat Station and to finish off painting the surrounds of two Station clocks we are refurbishing.
On Sunday a full compliment of volunteers turned up, John, Jonathan, Clive, Len and me, i was going to leave after lunch being a season ticket holder at Wigan Athletic, we were playing Arsenal. On my way into the ground i saw a fellow Tic David Leyland, what a result two nil down ten minutes to go and then we won three two, HAPPY DAYS.
Back to the work done Clive did a few mods. on the electronics for BBS Station clock, to eliminate possible static.
Jonathan, John and Len collected five newly refurbished lamp heads from our workshop and headed off on the 10 : 40 train to Summerseat Station.
I stayed behind with Clive to oil and put back together a Smiths Station clock we are refurbishing.
Hughie delivered his Station clock surround which he as had sand blasted and powder coated, this is the clock that Clive is making some electronics to drive the mechanism. We need to manufacture a new minute finger for this clock as it was missing when obtained.
The men then brought back to the workshop the five lamps exchanged at Summerseat to be stripped and refurbished.
I am away next Sunday following my other hobby special stage rallying in Anglesey.
Last edited by asbibby on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
david layland
Location: Wigan, home of the 2018 Super League champions and the 2013 FA Cup winners

Post by david layland »

I never leave until the end, Alan!
Supported Wigan Athletic since Cheshire League days - after 5 years in the Premier League still in dreamland and also Wigan RL as a season ticket holder at both for many years ... but today was one of the highlights -3-2 what a result!!
Did manage to spend Saturday at the railway, and as well as dropping in on the excellent Pway Christmas party, fitted in an extremely positive meeting with the 71000 group.