The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-05-2021.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-05-2021.

Post by asbibby »

:D We are back, first report since i can't remember when, i was joined by Jonathan and Colin today on what turned out to be a glorious day with warm sunshine to brighten up everyone's day.

The tasks today where to recover the Christmas lights from the station lamp posts at Rawtenstall Station, we sourced a double set of ladders and caught the 10:00 train to Rawtenstall hauled by the GWR tank engine, we had just 20 minutes to take down the lights, pack them up and load everything back on the train before it departed. :o

On arrival back at Bury Bolton Street Station we unloaded the lights and ladder and carried the ladder over to platform two to enable us to take the down the Christmas lights on the lamp posts.
Lunch was taken with a brew before we took down the lights on platform two and packed them up to store them in our workshop. 8)
Sue Sue provided the cream and jam doughnuts which we scoffed washed down with a brew. :P

We were asked to contact Stephen in the shop in the booking hall as a light had failed, this turned out to be a four foot fluorescent fitting that had a starter missing, a new starter was fitted, hey presto light works. :shock:

Stephen asked to look at another light which was not working, a new bayonet light bulb was fitted, this will require further investigation as the particular light as not worked for many years. It is part of the night service part of the shop which in British Railways days was used to serve the public after the shop was shut.

In the booking hall which has been refurbished with new British Railways acid etched windows fitted above the ticket booths and new glass panels in the front doors, again etched with British Railways. :)

We presented the booking hall manager with a genuine British Railways enamel sign which has been in our workshop for years, probably sourced by the late Phil Southern who was a stalwart in the early days of the East Lancashire Railway. :D

We shall be back in two weeks time as i am on holiday and Colin & Jonathan have commitments, T.T.F.N.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
keepchuffin2012

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-05-2021.

Post by keepchuffin2012 »

Well well, great to read you are back. Kept wondering how you all are and look forward to seeing you when I can. Although my office is now `across the road` I am still `under the arches` also. Keep Safe, Keep well, Keep chuffin. Keith Howarth.