Electrical volunteer turned steward Saturday 22-08- 2020.

asbibby

Electrical volunteer turned steward Saturday 22-08- 2020.

Post by asbibby »

:D Our engine today was BR Standard 4 80097 hauling seven carriages a big increase from last Saturday when we had the small Lancashire & Yorkshire engine hauling four carriages.

The weather was forecast to be sunshine, short showers and a slight breeze which was duly conformed throughout the day.

We had been told there was a lot of online bookings so were looked forward to being quite busy.
I was steward on the brake/disabled compartment carriage M35070, after a short briefing on platform 3/4 by Rory we were allocated our carriages ready for the first departure at 10:00 hours.

We picked up a few customers at Burrs Country Park halt and Ramsbottom Station before arriving safely in Rawtenstall Station on time.

On arrival back in Bury Bolton Street Station all the carriages were cleaned before we managed to get some lunch in time for the second departure of the day at 12:30 hours.

There did not appear to be many customers as expected for some reason maybe it was the iffy weather, but everyone that travelled appeared to have enjoyed their day out at the ELR, let us hope we get more people in the next few weeks travelling on our trains.

The final return trip of the day left on time again and returned to BBS at 16:34 hours, i shall be back next Saturday doing my bit.

I did notice that the station lamp heads at Summerseat Station require their five yearly overhaul they are looking a bit green from the overhanging trees, maybe some looping is required?

T.T.F.N.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.