The Electrical Volunteers Report Saturday 19-12-2020.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Saturday 19-12-2020.

Post by asbibby »

:D The ELR put out a request for volunteers to help out this weekend and up to Christmas Eve on the Bury Bolton Street Station Santa/Elves event. :)
I arrived in time for the 08:30 briefing outside the FXP experience building on platform two, the duty i had volunteered to do was the barrow crossing which was to be one way only with no trains crossing all day. :)

The only engine was Gothenburg in light steam on platform three attached to a coach that would be taking the children's letters to Santa somewhere in Santa land?

Three of us shared the duties all day in not too bad weather, we actually saw some blue skies with just the odd very light shower. :D

The ELR looked after us all providing hot drinks, pies and mince pies throughout the day, i shall be back all day on Christmas Eve, anyone wishing to help contact the railway or you can help me on the crossing.

As the saying goes many hands make light work :idea:

A few electrical faults were brought to my attention, one we managed to fix and the others were reported and passed on and reported. :shock:

Let us all hope that we can get back working on the railway in a more normal fashion sooner than later in the New Year.

Have a good as you can Christmas this year under extreme difficulties. :roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.