The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 06-08-2023.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 06-08-2023.

Post by asbibby »

:) Today on Day out with Thomas, i was joined by David, Sophie and Colin, we had a brew and some coffee before starting work on the lamp heads we had taken down from Rawtenstall Station last Sunday.

We recovered the lamp heads from storage and set about scraping and rubbing down the metalwork ready for painting, David and myself prepared the fittings for painting, then handed them over to Sophie and Colin for painting.
Sophie painted the underneath of the fittings with white smoothrite paint, whilst Colin painted the rest of the underneath of the fittings with black smoothrite.
8)
Lunch was taken with a brew and a piece of jam cream cake which was a little on the stiff side having been in our fridge for about three weeks!

We tapped out four holes in each of the fittings to accommodate new allen key screws, replacing old bolts which were very rusty. :o

A total of eight lamp heads were painted only the top sides need painting black next week, we then put all the fittings back into storage and for the paint to dry. :D

Back next Sunday to finish off painting the lamp heads.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
XTMike

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 06-08-2023.

Post by XTMike »

Alan

I have rescued about a third of a container of the white paint left on a trolley where you were working. Do you still need it?
Mike
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

Hi, Mike,
Yes, thank you, we will need it on Sunday.
Were can we pick it up on Sunday?

Regards, Alan.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Post by marflow »

See what happens when I take my eyes off you!
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere