The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-10-2022.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 30-10-2022.

Post by asbibby »

Today the electrical volunteers were, Clive, Jonathan, Colin, Sophie, Geoff and myself, Jack was celebrating his 90th birthday, fantastic!

I arrived late due to a plumbing issue, the electrical team had caught the first train to Summerseat Station to fix the wooden electrical cabinet with wood brought by Clive. The repair was finished and the team returned to the workshop in Bury Bolton Street Station. :)

The LED tubes i bought for the Bury Standard 4 Group were sorted and tested ready to carry on with the conversion from ten foot fluorescent tubes to six foot LED tubes, this is an ongoing job when the weather is bad. :idea:

It had been reported that a light was flashing on and off in the gents toilets on platform 3/4 at BBS Station, a new D type fluorescent tube was fitted.

The Christmas lights that go along platform two at BBS Station, which were found to be blowing 13 amp fuses last Sunday were laid out in front of our workshop to enable us to find the fault.
After much about with the cable and light fittings a burned out fitting was found this was cut out and the cable repaired, like the saying goes many hands make light work!

Lunch was then taken in the pleasant sunshine outside our workshop. :D

Harry from the Bury Standard 4 Group shop asked us to PAT test some model railway controllers, one was failed and then repaired, it will be PAT tested next week. 8)

Next on the list was a repair to an angle grinder, the brushes were replaced along with a broken wire.
We had a final brew along with some of Mr. Kiplings finest, before calling it a day, another successful day at the ELR. :D
Last edited by asbibby on Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Saturday 30-10-2022.

Post by marflow »

This forum has just lost my work again. So until they fix it, I'm not using it again. And Alan has reported the same. So whoever you are, get it right
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
XTMike

Post by XTMike »

Sorry Clive
I don’t know what is lost. I can see Alan’s report from Sunday. Was there another contribution?
Mike
Mike
marflow

Post by marflow »

I signed in.
I wrote my post
Pressed submit
Was asked to sign in. Again.
My post vanished.
Alan has mentioned that this has happened to him, too.
Alan wrote the post.
I replied.
Was asked to sign in again.
Again, my text was lost.
So. The fault looks like it's on the signing in mechanism.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

Hi, Mike,
This is what happens now you try to submit a post.
I get over the problem by copying the report before submitting it, login again and then paste my report, it is a pain but the only way to submit a report without losing it.
Try it yourself, there appears to be a time limit, long reports and you have to login again, short reports and it submits your report without logging in again.

Regards, Alan.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.