The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-11-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-11-2014.

Post by asbibby »

Just three of us in today, Jonathan, Len and myself, Clive and John were on Birthday duties. :shock:

Len and Jonathan went off to do the fire alarm call point checks at Bury Bolton Street Station concourse and The Trackside, everything worked OK and they recorded their findings in the log books.

It was decided as the weather was behaving itself, to load up the Christmas lights for Ramsbottom Station along with spare bulbs a few tools and a tall stepladder, we caught the delayed 10:20 train to Rawtenstall.

On arrival at Ramsbottom Station we installed the first string of lights from the Bury end up to the mains distribution box near the canopy. Lunch was then taken with the Station staff providing us with a welcome mug of tea each.

We then erected the final string of lights from the same mains distribution box into the canopy crossing back and forth till the lights ran out.

A lamp check was then done on both sets of lights, we changed about twenty blown bulbs, it was then back to Bury Bolton Street Station and the comfort of our workshop for a brew and a piece of lemon sponge roll curtsey of Len.

Jonathan and myself then delivered some spare tools in a toolbox to Baron Street works foreman's office, i hope they come in useful.

On our way back we called in to the carriage and wagon shed to have a look at the progress of the new Santa coach which is being refurbished, a fine job being done with new pattress's and new carriage plug leads being fitted.
P.S. have you got the old carriage plug leads, if so drop them off into our electrical workshop underneath the stairs on platform two and we will strip them down and refurbish them like new.

One more brew and we called it a day, only Heywood Station Christmas lights to do now, next week weather permitting?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-11-2014.

Post by marflow »

Where's my cake?
Had to settle (Carlisle) for Grand-daughter's birthday chocolate cake. And there wasn't much left because she was starving (She's only 1!). Hope John faired better at his birthday commitment¡
Hope to see you next Sun.

LC
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
asbibby

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-11-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:lol: It's in the fridge, Jimmy?

Thorntons Chocolate cake next Sunday, F.Y.B. :D
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.