The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-8-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-8-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D Jonathan was in first, so i gave him a hand in doing the fire alarm call point checks in The Trackside and BBS concourse, everything worked satisfactorily and the results were recorded.

Len and Clive then arrived and after a swift brew and due to the dodgy weather forecast of heavy scattered showers and sunny spells, it was decided to split into two teams. Clive and Jonathan would take the strain, sorry train and go up to Rawtenstall to complete the cable fixing on the newly installed lights in the waiting shelter.

We had received a report from BBS Station staff that the water heater in the disabled toilet in Tate Towers was leaking water.

Len and myself gathered up some tools and carriage plugs and leads etc. to do some work in the carriage & wagon workshop.
New restraining chains were fitted to one coach and four carriage plugs and covers were left for another carriage under refurbishment.

I had brought in some black paint to complete the painting of three carriage plugs which had been stripped last week.

We then went across to Baron Street works to have a look at the leaking water heater, this turned out to be a loose screw in the knob that turns the water on and off, water loss solved.

On our way back to our workshop we had to dodge the heavy showers, first stop was the C & W then under the bridge near Bury South box, before dodging the last shower on reaching our workshop.

Clive and Jonathan had returned to the workshop from Rawtenstall after completing the fixing of the cable , we then had lunch and a brew.

After lunch and a warm strawberry doughnut each a big clear-out was the order of the day, this took us the rest of the afternoon. :lol:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
martin_livingstone

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-8-2014.

Post by martin_livingstone »

"After lunch and a warm strawberry doughnut each a big clear-out was the order of the day, this took us the rest of the afternoon. :lol:
"

Alan - Was this a clear out of the workshop? Only I read it as a clear out of your insides after stuffing your face :lol: :!:
"Scattered showers my arse - Noah"
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Martin, you must have read my mind, I was thinking exactly the same. :shock:
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

:oops: In answer to your question, yes both!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

"Bile Beans" is good for a good clear out. :D
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.