The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-6-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-6-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D Jonathan did the business again on Saturday, by painting the three remaining lamp heads from Summerseat Station.

:) What a great day it was today, Sunday, wall to wall sunshine all day, i picked up Clive and a load of gear which he had purchased for use on the railway. This consisted mainly of eight litres of thick bleach for the ants which have been plaguing us in the lamp posts at Summerseat Station, they don't like it up um so i am told. :evil:

We were joined by Jonathan, John, and Len, Simon showed up later doing some work on the railway. The lamp heads were re-assembled and tested ready for transportation to Summerseat Station.

Len and Jonathan tested the fire alarm call points in the "Trackside" cafe/bar and Bury Bolton Street Station as usual and recorded the findings in the log books.

After a brew we loaded up a trolley with all the refurbished lamp heads, ladders, tools and the thick bleach and caught the 10:20 train hauled for the last time this Summer by The Great Marquess. :(

On arriving at Summerseat Station the three lamp heads were soon re-erected and wired up followed by a good dousing of the thick bleach inside the bottom of all fifteen lamp posts. :evil:
We then proceeded to test all the lamps by switching the override switch in the electrical cubicle, hey presto, all the lights were illuminated. The next step was to test the remote switching on the Station lights from Ramsbottom signal box, the signal man was contacted and asked to operate the remote switch in his box, the lights again illuminated and extinguished once the remote switch was switched off.
The last test on the lights was to alter the time clock in the electrical cubicle and cover up the photo-cell on top of the lamp post nearest to the electrical cubicle to ensure the lights come on during the switched time period of the time switch.
This also worked fine which brings to a close all the Station lamp head refurbishment programme for another five years. :D

We caught the next train up to Rawtenstall Station hauled by the Class 37 37109, the plan was to have our lunch at Rawtenstall and to sample some of the home made pies that a lady makes and are sold in "Bufferstops" the cafe/bar.
How disappointing was we, when we were told the lady had gone on holiday, leaving two Wiganer's and one Hyde man pie less, the strain was almost to strong to bare! :shock:
We had to settle for our sandwiches and a brew from the coach/cafe on platform one, before returning to our workshop at Bury Bolton Street for another brew. :shock:

We decided to clock off for the day and relax in the warm sunshine with a pint of laugh & titter from the "Trackside" before making our way home. 8)

Back next week for the diesel weekend, what will be instore, we know it is for you to guess?
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 22-6-2014.

Post by marflow »

After settling on my sandwiches I have recovered.

If anyone wants some A6 pads for scraps and notes for their dept, please visit our cubbyhole under the stairs at platform 2 on Sunday and you're welcome to as many as you like. (you can get pencils from a certain store with three vowels and a K in the name)

And again a big TA to Alan for my lift to ELR

Regards all, Clive
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere