The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 11-5-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 11-5-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D It was back to more mundane tasks after John had helped out last week on the Thomas train, Jonathan had E mailed us to say that he would not be in on Sunday, he was taking a break in the lakes.

I was joined by Len, Clive and John, we had received two defect notes from Rawtenstall Station with regard to the booking hall clock not keeping the correct time and a report that the telephones were not working.

Clive and Len caught the next available train up to Rawtenstall with some tools to look at the two faults, the problem turned out to be mechanical not electronic. Some adjustment of the mechanism was done but it appears that some parts are wearing out.

None of the telephones were working at Rawtenstall, the fault will have to be sorted out by Pennine Telecom who look after the system on our behalf.

Clive and Len then changed a protection device in our remote light switching circuitry at Ramsbottom Station, before making their way back to Bury Bolton Street.

John and myself had decided to stay in our workshop and have a tidy up, it had got to the point that we could not see on the shelves what stock we had got. We got rid of small quantities of bits and pieces we would never use, we can now see what we have and what is useful.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 11-5-2014.

Post by marflow »

And afore ye ask: we only had some moldy old cakes that I had smuggled in two weeks ago.

Clive
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere