The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-1-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-1-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:| The day turned out to be wet and windy today as i was joined by Len and John, Jonathan was taking some leave whilst Clive was feeling under the weather, somewhat due to the weather me thinks.

We had a brew to warm up first before deciding that we would see if we could repair a canopy light fitting we had taken down from Ramsbottom Station last week. The unit was stripped down and the electronic unit was found to be faulty, a new unit will have to be ordered by Simon.

It was then decided to do some carriage plug work in our workshop, as the weather had still not improved.
New carriage lead cable was located and ten, twenty inch lengths were cut and the ends stripped ready for the soldering of refurbished copper pins and crimp terminals.
Len & John ran out of solder and crimp terminals later on so replacements will have to be ordered.

It was medical day for me down at Tate Towers so off i went down there in the blustery wind and rain.
I had a meeting to attend with The Bury Standard Four Group in the education room in BTM, so that was me curtailed until after a late lunch.

:roll: We had a visitor in the workshop in the form of a large mouse, who had decided to take up residence in a small plastic bag containing the remnants of some biscuit. It was removed from the workshop in the said plastic bag and dropped near BBS tunnel entrance still in the plastic bag, low and behold we saw it sneak underneath the door of the workshop and to carry on finishing off some more food it had found, cheeky sod.
A few minutes later it legged it again underneath the door, a piece of timber was then screwed to the inside of the bottom of the door to try and prevent unlawful entry by the mouse and it's no doubt numerous mate's. :lol:

A final brew was taken after scoffing some of the fine biscuits that Clive's Sarah had baked for us last week, Yummy!
With that we called it a day, watch out for the mouse it is looking for a new home!!! :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Union Pacific

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-1-2014.

Post by Union Pacific »

:roll: We had a visitor in the workshop in the form of a large mouse, who had decided to take up residence in a small plastic bag containing the remnants of some biscuit. It was removed from the workshop in the said plastic bag and dropped near BBS tunnel entrance still in the plastic bag, low and behold we saw it sneak underneath the door of the workshop and to carry on finishing off some more food it had found, cheeky sod.
A few minutes later it legged it again underneath the door, a piece of timber was then screwed to the inside of the bottom of the door to try and prevent unlawful entry by the mouse and it's no doubt numerous mate's. :lol:

A final brew was taken after scoffing some of the fine biscuits that Clive's Sarah had baked for us last week, Yummy!
With that we called it a day, watch out for the mouse it is looking for a new home!!! :)[/quote]

I saw a mouse on Saturday under the bridge over the A56 near Rawtenstall, frightened the life out of me.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

Surely it wasn't after your marmite sandwich Mick ! Must have been starving !!!

Bret
keepchuffin2012

Post by keepchuffin2012 »

Funny that, I had been about the railway Sunday, returning to Bolton Street at 15:30 and walking down the stairs onto 3/4 a spotted a large mouse under the benches, it went all round the perimeter of the Tardis before going down a drainage hole. Then was told two foxes had made an appearance earlier. What with a deer last year on 4, wildlife comes to Bolton Street.
Keep your cakes and biscuits is secure tins as we do!
Keep chuffin all.
Keith Howarth. Dispatcher BBS.
lightphase

Post by lightphase »

did anyone ask if it was a steam or diesel spotter??
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

lightphase wrote:did anyone ask if it was a steam or diesel spotter??

Did it have Hi-viz on?
keepchuffin2012

Post by keepchuffin2012 »

Did it have a ticket?
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

keepchuffin2012 wrote:Did it have a ticket?
:D No it did not, that is why it was evicted from our workshop, an uninvited guest, if it shows itself again it will get "The Order of the Boot" and a heavy one at that.

:lol: If anyone wishes to adopt said fat mouse, they maybe able to claim housing benefit for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical mouse Sunday 26-1-2014.

Post by marflow »

Was it a steam mouse, or a diesel mouse, or an electric mouse.
(Diesel Mouse Unit?)
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

It was probably a big fat mouse, scoffing all the Mr Kiplings they keep hidden in there. Serves them right.
marflow

wrong!

Post by marflow »

You should know better. Any Kipling fodder that may (accidentally) find its way into the bowels of the staircase, automatically find their way into the bowels of the electrical team. Mouse (fat or thin, steam or electric) has no chance against those lads.
Formula for the scientific among us:
(2 x KC) + (4 x B) = 2 x HEV

Kipling Cake
Biscuit
Happy Electrical Volunteer
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere