The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 1st December 2013

JONATHAN-BARNES

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 1st December 2013

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

On Saturday I tested about 100 old Christmas light bulbs. I had to dispose of about 50 of them. Sorted out an open circuit fault on a string of lights.

On Sunday it was just me, John and Len. We borrowed the tall step ladder from civil maintenance. We got the 10-20am Santa train to Rawtenstall. We completed the string of lights that we started last week. We then started to replace blown bulbs with the bulbs that I had tested yesterday. We completed about ¾ of the string when one of the bulbs blew with an internal short circuit causing the circuit breaker to trip (they do this occasionally). The circuit breaker is in the carriage cafe and this is locked. The key is in Bury. We will have to get Simon to reset the breaker during the week. Common sense would suggest that there should be a spare key kept at Rawtenstall.

We caught the train to Rammy, arriving at about 10 past dinner time. The first job was to have dinner and walnut cake in front of the waiting room fire with tea provided by the station staff. We then spent about 1 hour replacing all the blown bulbs under the canopy and on the string between the lamp posts. We then got the train back to Bury.

The last job of the day was to replace 3 light bulbs in the tunnel (ie the permanent light fittings not the Christmas ones). We had a final brew before knocking off.