The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 11-8-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 11-8-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:D Jonathan was in again on Saturday doing more work on the carriage plug refurbishment program.

On Sunday i was joined by John, Jonathan, Len & Clive, Len & Jonathan went off to do the fire alarm call point tests at The Trackside & BBS, all worked OK and the findings recorded in the log books.

Irene of BBS shop fame had reported that there was no electric in the carriages on platform one, this turned out to be a tripped circuit breaker.

I then did a course for the Electrical Department on erecting and dismantling Youngman mobile tower scaffold which we have.

An East Lancashire Railway member had obtained for us some redundant dual fluorescent six foot light fittings, which were unloaded from his vehicle and placed on a trolley ready for inspection and testing.

Myself and John cleaned, repaired and tested all the light fittings and stored them in our workshop.

We had received a fault report that the loudspeaker on the shelter at Rawtenstall Station was not working, Clive, Len and Jonathan caught the train up to Rawtenstall to sort out the fault, i left early today after lunch to watch the Wigan v Man. U. game at Wembley on the telly, Man. U. won 2 - 0.
So how they got on i don't know, Jonathan paid a flying visit to our workshop to pick up some painting material whilst the train was still in BBS and then proceeded up to Heywood Station to do some maintenance work.

I shall be otherwise engaged for the next two Sundays, who will do the reports?. :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.