The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-5-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 26-5-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:) It was the Forties War weekend, with hardly a German in sight, Len was playing the banjo with some of his friends in the museum and at the Stations up and down the line.

Simon asked us to help him install some new lighting in the cleaned out undercroft at Bury Bolton Street, Chris and i were joined by Clive and John, after a brew and a bite to eat Clive went up to Rawtenstall to check out the timekeeping of the booking hall clock.

On assessing the lighting job in the undercroft, we decided we would need our mobile tower scaffold which we were told was being used on the crab down in the steam shed, a trip was made down there with a trolley to convey the scaffold back to BBS.

Chris, John, Simon and myself then got together all the materials needed to complete the job.

I stripped two carriage plug covers of years of old paint and painted them with black metal paint.

In the undercroft where the new lighting was being fitted is also the location of electrical distribution board and the incoming electrical supply. The undercroft is very damp and the metal frame supporting the incoming supply as suffered over the years and is very badly corroded, I wire brushed the frame and treated it to some black metal paint, the frame will need replacing in the near future.

Clive came back from Rawtenstall after checking out the clock and to see if he could catch up with Len and his banjo playing band but to no avail. Lunch was then taken with an abundant supply of cakes, Maderia cake from Len, some slices from Chris and Mr. Kipling cakes from myself.

The undercroft lighting was then finished off apart from some P clips to hold the wiring to the ceiling, this will be done next week along with the fitting of another fluorescent light fitting. :D
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.