The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-5-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 05-5-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:D Thomas day today, so John and myself were helping out on the Thomas train, checking tickets and seeing to the safe boarding and unboarding of the passengers.

The fat controller welcomed Thomas into Bury Bolton Street about 10:00 and then it was all go, I have never seen as many people at the event's before, we must have broken a few records over the long weekend.

John and myself just about managed to get a bite to eat and a coffee, it only started to ease off about 15:30 hours, we stayed till the last Thomas train, about 16:15 then left for home.

Chris had made the journey into our workshop not knowing it was a Thomas weekend, so he stayed in the workshop assembling four refurbished carriage plug leads.
Chris also paid a visit to the carriage & wagon shed, the last location of our mobile tower scaffold, the scaffold was recovered a few weeks ago and it was found to be short of three (red) horizontal bars. Chris had a good look round but could not locate them, if any one knows were they are we would like them back as the scaffold cannot be used to it's full height without the missing three bars.

Simon and two volunteers are cracking on with the installation and wiring of BBS platform three & four, loads of waterproof double sockets for all the Christmas lights and the wiring of a new distribution box etc.

We will all be back next week in our usual jobs. :lol:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.