The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-1-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-1-2013.

Post by asbibby »

We had a full team out today, Len, Clive, Chris, John, Jonathan and myself, Jonathan and myself were in first so we went and checked out the fire alarm call points in BBS and The Trackside, all was in order and the findings were logged.
The time clock covering the BBS security lighting was also checked whilst we were in the fire alarm control room.

Roger of the 26B group asked us to check out a portable electrical heater from the 26B shop which had a habit of blowing 13A fuses, this was dismantled and cleaned, before the motor was checked and tested before returning the heater to Roger.

A tidy up was called for to create a bit of room in the workshop as Simon had left a lot of reflectors on half of the bench space, these will be installed by Simon in the new ELR office in Bolton Street soon we hope.

Once we had all met up and after a warming brew and a quick sandwich part of the team went across to The Bury Transport Museum to collect the mobile tower scaffold stabilising supports, they had been left there from a previous job.
The other team members recovered the mobile tower scaffold from the undercroft along with three rewired and repainted BBS light fittings, all loaded up we made our way to platform three/four on BBS.

Three light fittings were removed and replaced with the refurbished ones, Clive then used the scaffold to install some connectors in two of the light fittings we had previously installed. We broke for some lunch and a brew in the comfort of our workshop, Chris had brought in some tarts of the cake variety for us all to taste, along with some fruit cake which Len had supplied.

I went off to a meeting of The Bury Steam Locomotive Company in the museum leaving the rest of the team to carry on with work on the light fittings which we had previously taken down.
Eight carriage plugs were also fitted with new crimp terminals, we are awaiting the heat shrink tubing before these refurbished carriage plugs can be put back into service.

I rejoined Clive and John for another brew before we all made our way home after another Sunday as an ELR Electrical Volunteer.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.