The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-9-2012.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 2-9-2012.

Post by asbibby »

I have been on holiday and the rest of the team have been busy working on the last few Tuesdays rewiring the ETH on one of the Santa carriages at the side of the C & W shed, a couple more days work is required to finish off this job.

Jonathan has been in on Saturdays working on the carriage plug refurbishment program, stripping the years of paint, drilling out seized screws and painting the carriage plug shells.

Sunday saw a full team with Jonathan, Clive, John, Len, Chris and myself, Jonathan and Len went off to test out the fire alarm call points in The Trackside and BBS, all was well and the findings recorded.

Jonathan had reported that on Saturday that the 13A sockets in the diesel shed were not working, we all went to investigate the problem but no one from the diesel department were around to give us access.

We then decided to get our scaffold out and remove the station clock from platform 3/4 prior to the canopy work due to start shortly, our scaffold was not there so we got out the large scaffold but when trying to erect it no safety rails could be found so that job had to be abandoned.
Does anyone know where the shorter safety rails are for this tower scaffold has they cannot be used without these rails?

We had asked for a new drum of cable used in refurbishing the carriage plug leads, this had been delivered last week so we decided to cut fifteen lengths of cable, strip both ends to the correct length ready for rewiring.
Lunch was then taken and it was decided that Clive, Len and Jonathan would go up to Ramsbottom Station to see if we could locate our mobile tower scaffold, meanwhile Chris had to attend a problem at home and John and myself went down to the C & W shed to deliver some carriage plug covers and to see if any carriage plugs needed fitting.
On our way back to our workshop we saw a member of the diesel department who gave us access to the diesel shed to investigate the electrical socket problem, Chris had rejoined us and along with John and myself we made a start on finding out what the problem was.
We found out that there is an earth fault on the live side which resulted in the RCD circuit breaker tripping, we are now working our way through the ring main trying to locate the earth fault.

When we made our back to our workshop Clive had returned having recovered our scaffold from Ramsbottom Station, they then proceeded to disconnected the the electrical wiring and data cable from the Station clock on platform 3/4, the clock can now be removed prior to the canopy work being started.

If the canopy lights need to be removed due to the work on the canopy taking place please let the electrical department know and we will remove them all next Sunday.

We tidied up the workshop and secured all our tools before making our way home.
We will be back!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.