The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-4-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-4-2011.

Post by asbibby »

What a cracking day it was today fantastic sunshine and the small engines weekend, I was joined by Jonathan and Len, Clive and John were attending a big amateur radio show in Blackpool.

Len and Jonathan went off to test out the fire alarm call points in BBS and The Trackside Cafe/Bar, everything was OK and they recorded their findings in the log book.

Jonathan and len returned whilst I was finishing off assembling three more carriage plug leads.

Last Sunday I had made another two angle brackets for the bench we had fitted last week in the waiting shelter at Heywood Station, so Whilst Len and Jonathan were testing the fire alarm call points, I got together all the tools and bits and pieces needed to secure the brackets to the floor.
We caught the next available train up to Heywood and set about drilling the floor with a mason master drill to enable us to fit expanding rawl bolts to secure the legs of the bench to the floor.
Once this task was completed the kind Station Masters at Heywood provided us with a refreshing cuppa and a KitKat, before catching the next train back to BBS. We heard a whistle, then saw The Deltic Royal Scots Grey double headed with the Class Twenty diesel, we thought the Class Twenty must have failed, but no The Deltic was leaving ELR metals for an assignment on Network Rail metals.

On arriving back at BBS we had lunch, before tackling the next task in Bury South signal box.
I had received a PM regarding a fault with the large ring on the electric cooker in Bury South signal box, so off we went to sort out the problem. There was no power to the element and after making sure the element was OK we looked into the switches controling the cooker rings.
We could not find anything wrong with the controls and wiring and after connecting everything back up and testing all the controls again everything tested out OK. The grill and oven works now along with both rings. Answers on a postcard please.

All three of us then made our way to The Carriage and Wagon works to see if any carriages were in for work to be done on them, we found one that required new carriage plug leads. We managed to fit three out of the four so next week we will finish it off.
New screws require fitting on the patress covers and one of the wooden patress's needs replacing it being rotten.

It was getting late now so we made our way back to our workshop and had a well earned brew before knocking off for the day.
See you all back next week.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Phil B AKA Q1
Location: In a Signalbox, under a Land Rover or in front of a monitor.

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 10-4-2011.

Post by Phil B AKA Q1 »

asbibby wrote:On arriving back at BBS we had lunch, before tackling the next task in Bury South signal box.
I had received a PM regarding a fault with the large ring on the electric cooker in Bury South signal box, so off we went to sort out the problem. There was no power to the element and after making sure the element was OK we looked into the switches controling the cooker rings.
We could not find anything wrong with the controls and wiring and after connecting everything back up and testing all the controls again everything tested out OK. The grill and oven works now along with both rings. Answers on a postcard please.
Thanks for looking at the cooker Alan. I am glad the fault presented itself before disappearing again! Nothing worse than intermittent defects.

Unfortunately, next time I am on, I will not have my personal cook with me, but I will endeavour to try and cook my own breakfast to test the troublesome element and report back.

NO, I will not say when I am next on duty, nor will I have supplies to feed everyone.
Phil,

ALWAYS look on the Bright Side & Keep Smiling!
MarkMc
Site Admin

Post by MarkMc »

Phil B AKA Q1 wrote: NO, I will not say when I am next on duty, nor will I have supplies to feed everyone.
Shame :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark McEwan
BBS Platform Staff and Guard

http://markmcewan.fotopic.net
Phil B AKA Q1
Location: In a Signalbox, under a Land Rover or in front of a monitor.

Post by Phil B AKA Q1 »

MarkMc wrote:
Phil B AKA Q1 wrote: NO, I will not say when I am next on duty, nor will I have supplies to feed everyone.
Shame :lol: :lol: :lol:
Needless to say, most of the scroungers will be working when I will be testing the cooker! :wink: :D :wink: :D
Phil,

ALWAYS look on the Bright Side & Keep Smiling!