The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-3-2011.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-3-2011.

Post by asbibby »

On Saturday Jonathan gave the Ray Butcher wooden clock surround another coat of mahogany stain, then he set to work retouching the Victorian lamp head we had changed last week in Castlecroft Yard.

During the week I had been contacted by Blackpool South Shore Motor Club to see if I would step in to assist the as Club Steward on The Roskirk Stages at The Three Sisters Race Circuit, Wigan.
This is a special stage rally, part of The Three Sisters Rally Challenge 2011, The Adgespeed Stages run by Wigan & District Motor Club is the next round at Three Sisters to be held in October, I have been involved in organising this rally for more years than I care to remember!
Anyway I managed to get away after lunch, persuading another club member to take over from me as Club Steward so I could get to the ELR to do my bit.

Len had contacted me to say that he was unwell and would not be there today, similiar John was attending a radio meeting and would not be in attendance today.

Clive and Jonathan met up in the workshop to decide on the tasks to be done, first task was to replace the fire alarm call point in the BBS shop they have all been replaced now with modern call points.
The call point was tested in BBS and The Trackside to ensure everything was working correctly.

Clive and his friend Geoff had completed the software and a complete set of instructions on how the new electronics work for the Ray Butcher clock. T.B.C. after I had my Dinner.
Yummy dinner Pork chop with Tomato/Basil sauce, back to the report Clive had brought the Electronics and the clock hardware with him to check out the timing of the clock mechanism, it was decided that Clive would take the clock face and all the electronics back to his workshop to fine tune the clock timing.

Jonathan and myself made our way to the joiners workshop to have a word with Keith to ask him to make us a backboard for the clock wooden surround, this will be about 31 inches in diameter made from a piece of plywood.
Our Thanks to Keith for his help in producing the back board for the clock, has Confucious says many hands make clock work.

After a chat with The Standard Four Group volunteers on their progress with 80097 and the digging the foundations for the overhead crane to traverse the length of the boiler they are working on, this will enable them to lift the boiler barrel components safely.
Next job for the group is to lay the concrete base, heavy work!

So to next week, what is in store for our volunteers?
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.