The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 9-5-2010.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 9-5-2010.

Post by asbibby »

An early start for us on Sunday with reported lighting faults in the shop at BBS and also in the front information office, Len and myself checked which lights parts needed replacing, we found one five foot, one four foot and a compact fluorescent tube required replacing. John and Clive then arrived, John saying that they needed to go up to Summerseat Station to drill out and tap a lamp post access fixing bolt that was broken last week, this duly done they returned to BBS.
Meanwhile Len and myself had set to replacing a faulty light fitting in the ticket inspectors office in BBS booking hall, this was replaced utilising some light fittings I had replaced from my bathroom a couple of years ago, I knew they would come in handy at the railway sometime.
We then had some lunch and a brew before tackling the seven lamp post access panels at BBS on platform three/four which had been held together by tie wraps, these access panels cover the electrical cables and fuses for the light fittings on top of the lamp standards.
We rotated the access panels through ninety degrees so that the original key locks were facing down, then drilled and tapped the access panels and lamp standards so we could fit holding screws. This we did fall all of the seven lamp posts.
We then had another brew after which we set off for home to watch the footy on the telly.
I shall be on holiday for the next two weeks, back for the War Weekend so the electrical reports will be done by A. N. Other.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
gedj2

Post by gedj2 »

sounds like a busy day for you boys, keep up the good work.
Signal Engineering Apprentice