The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-3-2010

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-3-2010

Post by asbibby »

I visited the Bury Transport Museum on Saturday the day after the official opening, what a difference no scaffolding holding up the roof and everything clean and tidy apart from the yard outside which still has to be finished, it will be a big asset when everything is complete.
The display's are very good especially the film about how the goods depot would have operated originally, i recognised a few of the actors!
Jonathan came in again on Saturday grinding the rust off some of the Summerseat station lights.
On Sunday we had a full team out John, Jonathan, Len, Clive and myself, no sooner were we going to have a brew when the first job came in, to sort out a supply for the new icecream fridge in the cafe on platform 3,4, mains extension rerouted and a new plug top fitted to the fridge ready for it to be stocked full of icecream on Wednesday.
Next job reset the station clock on platform 3/4 no problem as it is all powered by a microprocessor, a la Clive Marflow.
The clock face was then given it's twice yearly clean.
The station lights were on so the time clocks were altered to correct this, then the toilet blocks on platform 3/4 were not working, time clocks again sorted out and two new energy saver lamps fitted in the ladies toilets.
The outside lights on the Trackside cafe on platform 2 were tripping the circuit breaker, this was traced to faulty wiring on one of the light fittings, the fitting was taken out and repaired in our workshop, we then refitted the unit, everything now works OK.
Lunch was taken and a brew into clean cups for a change!
I then started to sand down the station clock which Hughie had bought in a car boot sale and strip out the old putty which held the glass panel in the clock. This duly done i took it down to the C & W to give to Hughie for it to be painted and a new perspex panel made, Hughie wasn't there so i left it in the capable hands of RMB.
We then stripped down another station clock this one was given to us a few years ago it is a Smiths 240V electrical clock which need a bit of TLC, more on this clock later.
Clive showed us the circuitry for the "Hughie" Gents station clock which he is designing at present, once the design work is done and the clock tested this clock will find it's way to Rawtenstall Station.
All that done we packed up and headed off home.
Last edited by asbibby on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
rmb

Post by rmb »

Just another day at the office for you guys.

RMB (clock parts gratefully received)
keep on2 the end of the road