Simulators

Only railway orientated links please.
RichardH

Simulators

Post by RichardH »

Hi guys,
I am not sure if any of you are interested in the simulator side of things, but I am, so will post a few links about some rail simulators I have.

I have MSTS which is a great sim with loads of add-ons, some payware. The ELR and Peak Power ones are available now, as many of you will know, and both are very good.

- www.uktrainsim.com is a great website for FREE add-ons for MSTS, and hosts many, many diesels as well as routes and even EMUs etc etc.

I do however prefer to BVE4 simulator, which has recently changed it's name to BVE Trainsim. The game is completely free, and has some very, very good quality British routes and trains. Although it doesn't offer exterior train views (just the cab), and no activities as such, the quality of trains is superior to MSTS as they feature working window wipers, rain effects on the windscreen, and working AWS and TPWS systems.

Here is a screenshot of a Class 66 on a route I have made for the simulator:

The game can be downloaded from http://mackoy.cool.ne.jp , and BVE4 is the better and latest version.

A list of sites for BVE add-ons cab be see on the links page of my website (sorry for blowing my own trumpet here! :P ) - www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk

Let me know what you think of BVE, as I know it isn't as well known as MSTS.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have used BVe version's 2 and the better version 4 for a whilE now, and agree Richard it is a fantastic tool, for those unfamiliar with the systems on a modern traction unit particularly TPWS.

something potentially better is this

http://www.railsimulator.com/en/index.htm
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Indeed the Kuju project looks interesting. I think they plan to build the ELR for the simulator - have a read of this:
http://www.virtual-rail.co.uk/krs10.pdf :D
D8233

Post by D8233 »

Hi Richard,
That was just an info gathering mission from Kuju for Diesel Locomotives, far as i know, they are not building the ELR route for there sim....but i may :twisted:
Theres 3 UK routes and one german one announced by them so far that will be included in the new sim.
Chris Baily
D9531 D8233 D5705
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

D8233 wrote:Hi Richard,
That was just an info gathering mission from Kuju for Diesel Locomotives, far as i know, they are not building the ELR route for there sim....but i may :twisted:
Theres 3 UK routes and one german one announced by them so far that will be included in the new sim.
London to Cambridge is one isn't it?

Anyway, I do agree about BVE being a good learning tool for AWS and TPWS learning. I knew nothing about it before, but know I understand it all! :D