buckley wells project website

Only railway orientated links please.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Bury Council are frightened of the row of old cottages being shaken to bits I presume, and the man in charge on the railway is Malcolm Vickers.
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Union Pacific wrote:Bury Council are frightened of the row of old cottages being shaken to bits I presume, and the man in charge on the railway is Malcolm Vickers.
I understand that the council won’t want truck traffic to increase but only seconds away from Baron Street is the centre of Bury renovation scheme and also the building near the town hall (NHS and Premier Inn??). Loads of civil contractors are in and out of there all day. Really can’t understand this situation and I can’t see how a council can make such a statement.

I know Malcolm Vickers as I dealt with him for my company to store some of my plastic water treatment media at Baron Street. Had a few conversations but noting came of it. Shame as I was offering just over £1k a month for a few bags. Sadly a fat cat has my business now.

If Bury access is the issue can we not utilise the old Kwik Save loading depot at Rawtenstall for loading into hoppers? I know it’s a stupid way of doing it but the transport by rail only is stupid

Will the project ever happen?
ELR Member
Part of the Deltic 55022 Group - "Deltic Tinkerer"
http://www.royalscotsgrey.com/
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

This weekend I noticed that the old Barrel factory (opposite old timber yard) was digging up loads of earth and hardcore. Can anything / someone sort out getting this for the hole?
ELR Member
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

It's nothing to do with the railway, that is a private business. Eyesore though it is.
E Bay

Post by E Bay »

JonnyGT wrote:This weekend I noticed that the old Barrel factory (opposite old timber yard) was digging up loads of earth and hardcore. Can anything / someone sort out getting this for the hole?
Jonny - this is a commercial operation - Briggs Demolition.
If we want it, we will have to buy it :?
ELR 'Theme Park' member
Eagle1711

Post by Eagle1711 »

and of course as bob johnson says we dont want to pay for it but he will find out the hard way that if you want something so bad you will have to pay for it.

this is the one thing that is holding the project back, there are loads of quarries has the railway not approached any of these and acted like a charity case to see if they could get the ball rolling?

I live near wallasey and there is a few big mounds of rumble near the local tip similar to the stuff briggs has...if only the railway could get hold of it, it would be snapped up in no time.

Its funny how if other railways want say a hole filling in then they would launch an appeal to get other people/mags to know that this is the stumbling block that is needed where as we just sit on our hands and wait for people to come to us.
Dan Jones

Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
http://www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk

Bring back ALT for admin!!
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

:shock: what's 'rumble'? :shock:
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

its something you get after a rough curry mate
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Well we don't want the hole filling up with that.
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

no, it probably would be very stable :lol:
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

JonnyGT wrote:I see.

What needs to be done to get hold of matterial to fill the hole in question? Could rubble be not collected from that old mill that has been torn down on the way to Heywood station? (Idea!)
All the demoliition crushed brickwork from Union Mill is still there yesterday Sunday, it is all adjacent to our railway line, no problem transporting it to Baron Street if we could get hold of it.
Can someone make an enquiry?
Mr. Coward maybe.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

E Bay wrote:Jonny - this is a commercial operation - Briggs Demolition.
If we want it, we will have to buy it
Thought it might have been and knowing a little of the industry I bet they will charge the earth for it :lol:
asbibby wrote: All the demoliition crushed brickwork from Union Mill is still there yesterday Sunday, it is all adjacent to our railway line, no problem transporting it to Baron Street if we could get hold of it.
Can someone make an enquiry?
Mr. Coward maybe.
JCB, the 08 with ballast wagons would have it done in no time. Just permission might be hard to get.

Hope someone high in the railway get to read this and takes on the idea. Fingers crossed
Last edited by JonnyGT on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ELR Member
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Which is Union Mill?
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

I think it is the correct place.

Copy the below and paste into internet explorer

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&sou ... CAgQ8gEwAA

PS Google maps has not been update as the place is now rubble
ELR Member
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

the problems we have of course is even hardcore is expensive these days, nobody seems to give this stuff away anymore, many companies crush it and re-market it :cry: