buckley wells project website

Only railway orientated links please.
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

yes I`m sure there is, personally I`d like to see a couple of 100ft concrete coaling towers on site :lol:
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Shredder wrote:yes I`m sure there is, personally I`d like to see a couple of 100ft concrete coaling towers on site :lol:
I'm sure nobody would miss one from Carnforth.

Any developments on the project
ELR Member
Part of the Deltic 55022 Group - "Deltic Tinkerer"
http://www.royalscotsgrey.com/
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

shame, the only other one is at Immingham and I don`t expect it will last much longer :cry:
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Shredder wrote:shame, the only other one is at Immingham and I don`t expect it will last much longer :cry:
Well you can't have it.
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

its use to be the most exciting thing when you was visiting new shed for the first time, you`d follow the shed directory and look for the distant coaling tower looming on the skyline, it was real magic stuff :wink:

Post by 4472 »

Gents

The plans for Buckley Well, sorry the Heritage Railway Centre, yes this is the official title given by Mr Vickers a week ago at the Council Meeting, were published in an ELR New magazine within the last 12 months I think.

Once we have the infill, it will come by road to Ramsbottom, be unloaded in the long siding and brought down to the HRC by our very own wagons.

There is just a minor problem ----- 100,000 tonnes of the stuff but IF Mr Vickers has got it right we may, only may, be getting it from somewhere in the West Midlands.

Keep an eye on the Council Minutes, I do my level best to get upto date information in there.

'Tatie'

ONE LIFE - LIVE IT
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

thanks for ther update John, it sounds promising
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

Question is will the infill arrive before the seccond coming of christ? I personally do not believe in the latter but am begginning to think it is more likely :twisted:
4472 wrote:Gents

The plans for Buckley Well, sorry the Heritage Railway Centre, yes this is the official title given by Mr Vickers a week ago at the Council Meeting, were published in an ELR New magazine within the last 12 months I think.

Once we have the infill, it will come by road to Ramsbottom, be unloaded in the long siding and brought down to the HRC by our very own wagons.

There is just a minor problem ----- 100,000 tonnes of the stuff but IF Mr Vickers has got it right we may, only may, be getting it from somewhere in the West Midlands.

Keep an eye on the Council Minutes, I do my level best to get upto date information in there.

'Tatie'

ONE LIFE - LIVE IT
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
E Bay

Post by E Bay »

Its on its way - :D
ELR 'Theme Park' member
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

Seem to have posted this in the wrong section,

Post deleted
Last edited by Conireland on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andi

Post by andi »

on a ballast train?????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Eagle1711

Post by Eagle1711 »

wagons?? you mean lack of?
Dan Jones

Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
http://www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk

Bring back ALT for admin!!
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

[quote="David Peacock"]Question is will the infill arrive before the seccond coming of christ? I personally do not believe in the latter but am begginning to think it is more likely :twisted:
[quote="4472"]Gents

if the seond coming of Christ is tommorrow David then probably not :lol: have faith David :lol:
David Peacock

Post by David Peacock »

E Bay wrote:Its on its way - :D
It was on it's way imminently 2 years ago, will only believe when I see it
Actively involved with diesel preservation for a while but cannot see the point of listing things here to make myself look 'important'
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

I`m sure we`ll get there in time, at least these things are in the pipeline and no matter how slow at times, the ELR always appear to move forward. When I think about my first visit to the ELR at Helmshore in those long and distant days and what members have since achieved, no one could have possibly speculated on what the ELR were going to achieve in the future, the ELR still have some fantastic plans like the Castleton connection, and musuem, all these things will happen at some point.