buckley wells project website

Only railway orientated links please.
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

What can we do to get hold of something to fill the hole?
ELR Member
Part of the Deltic 55022 Group - "Deltic Tinkerer"
http://www.royalscotsgrey.com/
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

JonnyGT wrote:What can we do to get hold of something to fill the hole?
I was wondering this too, if tankers can't enter Baron Street might it be a case of bringing lots of little bits of ballast at a time? I really don't know! We need some way of doing it thats for sure!
Eagle1711

Post by Eagle1711 »

Conireland wrote:
JonnyGT wrote:What can we do to get hold of something to fill the hole?
I was wondering this too, if tankers can't enter Baron Street might it be a case of bringing lots of little bits of ballast at a time? I really don't know! We need some way of doing it thats for sure!
and why would you want tankers? you cant put water into it!! :lol:
Dan Jones

Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
http://www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk

Bring back ALT for admin!!
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

Sorry, I meant trucks (don't know where tankers came from :roll: )...
Shredder
Location: On Tour with the PW gang, coming to a venue near you soon.

Post by Shredder »

Connor, if we send you round that reclaim yard in short pants and you say to the owner please mister can we clean your yard up for you for free, while 200 of us hide behind the bushes with the JCB and a boatload of empty mineral waggons, that might work :lol:

Alternatively if we do the great escape bit only in reverse, everytime one of us goes down to buckley wells, we do so with our pockets full of hardcore and sort of look towards the sky whistling as we shake the hardcore through our trouser legs
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

Shredder wrote:Connor, if we send you round that reclaim yard in short pants and you say to the owner please mister can we clean your yard up for you for free, while 200 of us hide behind the bushes with the JCB and a boatload of empty mineral waggons, that might work :lol:

Alternatively if we do the great escape bit only in reverse, everytime one of us goes down to buckley wells, we do so with our pockets full of hardcore and sort of look towards the sky whistling as we shake the hardcore through our trouser legs
Is there anything against manually taking the ballast? If it can't be delivered by truck then surely manually is one of the other options available to us... no I am not suggesting filling trouser pockets with rubble is the answer BUT could taking 'crates' of ballast round by 'hand' be the answer?
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Where are you going to get it from?
Conireland

Post by Conireland »

Just had a brainwave, from all the development that is going on at Castlecroft wouldn't the rubble from there be useable for the Baron Street project?
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Conireland wrote:Just had a brainwave, from all the development that is going on at Castlecroft wouldn't the rubble from there be useable for the Baron Street project?
Not sure that there is any available from Castlecroft. Good idea and I would say keep the ideas coming as this project needs all the help it can get
ELR Member
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

we need a lot, a very lot of in-fill, and its going to need impacting, if we don`t want things to sink afterwards, its a big job
General Shred, US 101st Airborne, ageing rock guitar god, occasional permanent way ballast distrobution technician, and pandrol protection officer.
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Shredder wrote:we need a lot, a very lot of in-fill, and its going to need impacting, if we don`t want things to sink afterwards, its a big job
Any surgestions as there seems to be no activity of impacting hardcore at BW
ELR Member
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

I have absolutely no idea?
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Shredder wrote:I have absolutely no idea?
The New diesel shed is doomed!
ELR Member
Shredder

Post by Shredder »

never give up mate, where theres a will and all that :lol: , we owe the diesel guys a diesel depot
JonnyGT

Post by JonnyGT »

Shredder wrote:never give up mate, where theres a will and all that :lol: , we owe the diesel guys a diesel depot
Cheers matey!

I know that the plans for the diesel shed have been drawn up but is there still time to review the plans over a meeting as I think that the whole site plan could do with a few modifications?

Cheers
ELR Member