The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-03-2024

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-03-2024

Post by asbibby »

:) On a glorious Sunday with The Legend of Steam locomotives, Sir Nigel Gresley and Brittania i was joined in our workshop by Jonathan, John, Clive, Dave B.
We had a brew and a breakfast barm before collecting all our gear and boarded the 10:10 train to Rawtenstall Station to install cabling to enable three way switching of the Station platform lights. :idea:

On arrival we investigated how to install some new wiring from the booking hall to the storeroom in the Buffer Stop pub.
Clive replaced some damaged wiring in the booking office whilst i fished a cable through the hatch in the loft which Dave managed to hook with a brush with a long handle.
This was then thread down an existing piece trunking to a new switch which we installed, this switch will enable the platform lights to be switched on by the pub manager. :shock:

We had a late lunch in the wonderful weather on the station platform with a brew provided by the newly refurbished Cafe carriage coach. :D

The mains cable supplying the power to the PIR security lighting the waiting shelter was not working, we shall install a new one and use the same power supply for the Christmas lights later in the year.

It was then back to the 3 way switching task, i went up to Rawtenstall West signal box to check out the switching mechanism which turned out to be a countdown timer form ten minutes to one hundred and twenty minutes. :roll:

We had a problem connecting from the DP in the booking to the cable in the booking office, there is apparently two cables, which caused some confusion.
As we were running late by now we caught the 15:10 train back to Bury Bolton Street Station and vowed to finish the job in a couple of weeks time, we are having an Easter break so we shall be back a week on Sunday. :roll:

On arrival at Bury we were given a Burco boiler to see if it could be fixed at a reasonable cost. :o
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.