The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-12-2023.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-12-2023.

Post by asbibby »

:D Back from the pre Christmas cruise and i decided to attend the last Christmas Santa's in case there was any electrical problems at BBS.
David and Stephen were helping out on the greet and meet and the Santa train. :D

Everything was fine electrical wise, the weather was a bit inclement with showers on and off for most of the day. :o

When the railway is shut later on in January we will fix some of the electrical boards under the platform edges at BBS. 8)

A check will be done on the emergency lighting on the overbridge and the two staircases, the centre light fitting's require modification, these will be accessed utilising our mobile tower scaffold. :idea:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 24-12-2023.

Post by marflow »

Re emergency lights

I'll get some more mains-coil relays. Fitted with a couple of resistors, capacitor and diode to hold in at a voltage lower than the operating voltage as they will be on, effectively, for ever. Awaiting a mains fail.
I think we've 2 in stock. So 2 more?
Also, some more led strips, self tap screws, connectors and some more batteries.
The concept is:
The led replacement fluorescent tubes won't light on the emergency light inverters.
So. Using the same batteries, fit a change over relay.
On mains fail, the relay changes the batteries over from the charger to the led strips.
Snag is that batteries are goosed so we need fresh ones. Luckily, we've found some at a very good price.
So far, we've done about 10, have 2 spare sets of parts and will need another 2 to do the over bridge from booking hall to (and including) the 2 stairwells.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere