The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 03-11-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 03-11-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:D Today i was joined by Len, Clive, Jonathan and Colin, Simon the full time ELR electrician came in to get us access to our mobile tower scaffold which had been securely locked up. :D

After a brew we recovered the scaffold from the undercroft. :D

The task today was to use the scaffold at Rawtenstall Station to erect the Christmas lights, Clive, Len, Jonathan and Colin went about this job as i was in a Bury Steam Locomotive Co. Ltd. board meeting in the FXP room in Bury Bolton Street Station.
The Christmas lights are now fitted with plastic coloured LED bulbs instead of 20w filament bulbs fitted with coloured plastic covers. These were changed a few weeks ago in preparation for the lights being erected in the main stations.
Moving to LED bulbs should save the railway money on the electricity bills and make our task easier as we were forever changing bulbs every time they were erected at Christmas. 8)

The men returned to our workshop in Bury Bolton Street Station about 14:30 hours, lunch having been taken up in Rawtenstall.

I finished stripping, cleaning and drilling out seized screws in two carriage plugs, they are ready to have the shells painted before being re-wired.

A final brew was had with chocolate eclairs provided by Sue. 8)

Back next week to install more Christmas lights at Heywood Station. :shock:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.