The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-04-2019.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-04-2019.

Post by asbibby »

:D A grand total of five electrical volunteers turned up today on a glorious Easter Sunday, Colin, Len, Jonathan, Clive and myself, the weather was perfect with the sun literally cracking the flags. :)

We had a swift brew first before deciding on what jobs we would tackle today, we had received a report that two of the blue buttons on the barrow crossing were not working. This was soon sorted by Clive and Colin with new batteries fitted in the blue button units. 8)

Jonathan and Len went off to the usual fire alarm call point checks at Bury Bolton Street Station, everything worked OK and the results logged. :roll:

Myself and Jonathan collected our tool bag and an eight foot fluorescent fitting we had bench tested before making our way to the Bury Standard 4 Group shed to install the fitting.
On arrival the unit was wired up but we could not get it to stay lit, various tubes and starters were tried with no improvement.
We were then joined by the rest of our group and after taking down the unit it was decided to go for lunch and then fit a new five foot double fluorescent unit in it's place. :idea:

Lunch was taken for the first time this year El Fresco outside our workshop, a large sponge cake was then split between us and very nice it was, apple cookies supplied by Su Su will be saved for next Sunday. :)

The new unit was checked out in our workshop and then installed in the BS4G workshop, success the unit worked OK. :D

We had one final brew with what was left of the sponge cake before calling it a day, back next week for more electrifying stories. :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
RichardErnill

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-04-2019.

Post by RichardErnill »

Fluorescent tubes?
I thought we were changing to LED ones or can't we get 8 foot units?
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

RichardErnill wrote:Fluorescent tubes?
No 8 foot LED tubes.
the dark lord

Post by the dark lord »

asbibby wrote:
No 8 foot LED tubes.

They do exist. I fitted a couple of dozen in an ex-employers warehouse as a favour a few months back. To my surprise they wasn't the two part naff things either.
They're expensive, but 8ft lamps are getting expensive anyway.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

The shed is privately owned by The Bury Steam Locomotive Co. Ltd, it is not owned by the ELR.