The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-04-2016.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 17-04-2016.

Post by asbibby »

:D Four electrical volunteers turned up today, Jonathan, Len, Clive and myself, Len had exceeded himself and brought in two M & S jam rolls, one strawberry and one cappuccino chocolate.
We had a brew and polished off the jam roll between us, it was then onto testing out the fire alarm call points, Len & Jonathan aided and abetted by Clive tested all the call points.
One of the call points found last week to be not resetting correctly was sorted out by Clive who sorts out problems like that with his alarm company.

We then reassembled and wired up the "four light fitting" which belongs to the Trackside pub, this will be reinstalled at a later date once the repainting has been completed.

Lunch was then taken, after which i recovered part of the aforementioned light fitting which required a bit of welding, thanks to The Bury Standard 4 volunteers for fixing the problem.
Whilst in the shed, Richard gave me part of the speedo mechanism which required some silver soldering, this Richard did at home all we need now is the speedo generator shaft and the speedo face to be returned to us before we can test the whole unit out.
This will eventually be fitted to our Standard 4 Tank engine 80097.

Being this was the small engines day we decided to go up to Rawtenstall to check on a station light problem with the two way switches and a Platform light which does not work.
We will tackle this job next week along with another problem with the station lights at Summerseat Station.

It was then back to Bury and a final brew before calling all work to a halt, back next week. :P
We decided to save the chocolate roll for next week, don't want to spoil our tea do we!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.