The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 3rd January 2016

JONATHAN-BARNES

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 3rd January 2016

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

Today it was me, Len, John and Clive. Alan is visiting relations. The fire alarms were tested as usual.

We took down the Christmas lights, strung between lamp posts on platform 2 BBS and packed them into their metal box.

We then loaded two boxes, a trolley and the tall step ladders onto the train for Heywood. By the time we arrived at Heywood it had started raining but we carried on regardless and took down all the Heywood lights and packed them into the boxes. We had dinner in the waiting room. The station master made us a brew.

After unloading all the stuff at Bury we had a look at the clock on platform 2/3. The back light was not working. This turned out to be a failed fluorescent tube. Clive will order a new one. (A special circular one)

We then had tea, shortbread biscuits and a toblerone bar before knocking off.

Next week, weather permitting we will remove the Christmas lights at Rammy and Rawtenstall and shove Christmas back up the chimney for another year.
keepchuffin2012

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 3rd January 2016

Post by keepchuffin2012 »

Thanks for mentioning the backlight on platform 3 clock, station staff kept mentioning it to me and I was off station on Sunday so missed you again...... Happy 2016 to you all, a cake will follow when-I-can. I scoffed your Christmas one as I missed seeing you!
Keith Howarth. Bury Bolton Street.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

keepchuffin2012 wrote:Thanks for mentioning the backlight on platform 3 clock, station staff kept mentioning it to me and I was off station on Sunday so missed you again...... Happy 2016 to you all, a cake will follow when-I-can. I scoffed your Christmas one as I missed seeing you!
Keith Howarth. Bury Bolton Street.

I s'pose you have scoffed any cakes you were saving for p-way gang as well.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

:D That's the way the cookie crumbles, as the actress said to the Bishop!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

In this case you had no cookies to crumble !!!!! :D Just like us on P way :( Never mind ,he is probably saving a cake for us as well !!! :D

Bret.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Wizzo wrote:In this case you had no cookies to crumble !!!!! :D Just like us on P way :( Never mind ,he is probably saving a cake for us as well !!! :D

Bret.

They are a skinny lot of b*****s aren't they Bret.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.