The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 29-11-2015.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 29-11-2015.

Post by asbibby »

8) Today it was John, Clive, Jonathan and myself, Len contacted us to say he would not be in today as he was feeling unwell.

Jonathan and myself obtained some spare 15w bulbs for the Christmas lights and changed all the duff ones along platform two at Bury Bolton Street Station.

Clive and John wired up some new switchgear for us to effect a repair to the station platform lights at Ramsbottom Station.

We collected up our tools spare LED replacements lights and caught the Santa train to Ramsbottom Station, on arrival John & Clive got on with installing the new switchgear into the station platform lights circuit.

Myself and Jonathan replaced a number of Christmas light 15w bulbs under the canopy and then replaced seven platform 160w bulbs with the new 40w LED corn lights.

The reason the platform lights on platform two would not work was down to faulty wiring under the foot bridge, Clive caught the train back to BBS to collect some cable and connection boxes to enable us to effect a temporary repair and to bypass the faulty wiring.

Lunch was taken between the heavy showers and gale force winds which carried on and off for the remainder of the day.
Once we had rewired the new cable to the SWA armoured cables feeding the platform lights on platforms one and two, the lights lit on both platforms, success apart from the bridge lights which we had to bypass and the first two lamps on platform two.
We will check that out next week, the Santa train was caught again to take us back to our workshop in BBS.
With that we called it a day and went home to get warm, better weather next week please.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 29-11-2015. repl

Post by marflow »

It has to be recorded that the repair to the Rammy Platform lights is only temporary to get us through the Sants season. The link cable will then have to be removed pending a proper fix.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere