The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 29-3-2015.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 29-3-2015.

Post by asbibby »

:D On Saturday Jonathan came into the workshop to do some more PAT testing with our new computerised PAT tester.

Sunday saw a full team out, Jonathan, Len, John, Clive and myself, Jonathan and Len went off to do the fire alarm call point testing at the Trackside and Bury Bolton Street Station concourse, all worked fine and the findings were recorded.

Keith Howarth kindly brought us a Coconut Snow sponge cake for us all to have with our brews, and very good it was.
We had done some PAT testing for Keith, the water boiler in the Station mess room. :D

Jonathan had brought in from home some one millimeter insulated wire to complete the re-wiring of the three ex. Nuneaton Station lamp heads, Clive completed that task.

The main station clock on platform three/four at Bury Bolton Street Station was advanced one hour to British Summer Time, it was typical Summer weather, it rained all day!

John and myself then went to the carriage and wagon shed to drill out the brass screws in the RCH plugs we had recovered last week from the three carriages that are going to eventually finish up in the dining train.
On our way to the C & W shed we stopped outside Bury South signal box to plant two hydrangea bushes which i brought from home, we planted them in the garden outside the box with the permission of the Bobby.

The door to the C & W workshop were the pillar drill is kept was locked, so we called in at The Bury Standard Four workshop and used their pillar drill to drill out the brass screws in the RCH plugs.

Clive and Len then caught the next train to Rawtenstall Station to correct the Station clocks to BST, after which they had their lunch.

Jonathan, John and myself stripped down the RCH plugs which had had all the brass screws drilled out previously, this entailed picking out the remains of the brass screws, forcing out the Bakelite insulation blocks and stripping out the RCH brass pins.
The outer cases of the RCH plugs were then cleaned inside and out of all the dross which had accumulated over the past forty years or so, we then re-tapped the holes in the plugs and painted them all with black paint.

The workshop was given a quick tidy up and then we called it a day, we are all back after Easter. 8)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.