The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 15-3-2015.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 15-3-2015.

Post by asbibby »

:) Four electrical volunteers turned up today, John and Len for the cold spoon and cough treatment, the ELRPS medical in Tate Towers and Jonathan and myself. Clive was recovering after his move to the new abode in outer Wigan.

Jonathan and myself went off to do the fire alarm call point checks whilst John and Len went off to Tate Towers for their medicals.
Everything worked fine in the call point tests on the concourse and the Trackside, the results were recorded in the respective log books.

We had been asked to have a look at one of the fridges in the buffet on platform three/four at Bury Bolton Street after a few bottles of milk had to be discarded from the fridge. It appeared that the thermostat may have been turned down, we turned the thermostat to maximum, it just needs a check by someone to ensure that it is now cooling the contents.

Myself and Jonathan then busied ourselves with fastening the metal component plates to the main body of the ex. Nuneaton light fittings and then giving them another coat of black paint. There is now just one to finish off fitting new components once Clive as purchased the various bits and pieces we need.

We all had lunch together with Len and John returning from their medicals, both passed with various shades of green.

John, Jonathan and myself then walked down to the carriage and wagon workshop to recover some of the used five foot fluorescent tubes as we have been short of new ones for a while. We found a couple of new five foot tubes and took them to Tate Towers to replace a missing tube from a couple of weeks back, a spare was left in the disabled toilet.

We then went into Baron Street yard to check on the condition of the carriage plug leads on the future dining first class carriages the railway as bought. They are all in a sorry state and we will recover them for restoration once we have had a chat with Lee Kenny.

Back in our workshop we cleaned the tubes we had recovered, ready for testing next week.

John had brought in a jam & cream sponge cake and with only three of us in the workshop it was divided into three and scoffed down with a brew. Mmmmm yummy!

That was it for another day in the life of the ELR electrical volunteers, every day is different and even the sun came out at the end of the day. :D
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.