Electrical Voluntreers Report Sunday 13th July 2014

JONATHAN-BARNES

Electrical Voluntreers Report Sunday 13th July 2014

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

On Saturday I painted the lamp post head for the far South end of platforms 3 & 4. Did some work on carriage connectors.

On Sunday we had a full team except for Alan as he is on holiday. We went to Tate Towers to change some light tubes.

On our way to Tate Towers we were approached by one of the platform staff and told that we were no longer allowed to wear high vis clothing for walking along the trackside as it spoils the scenery. I will put my orange jacket into storage until management comes back to their senses, as no doubt they will when some poor sod gets killed with a train.

After Tate Towers we went into C & W shed to change some more light tubes. We will need to ask Simon to order some more tubes before we can complete the job. We came back to our shop for dinner.

After dinner me and Len re-installed the lamp post head that I had painted on Saturday. Clive and John investigated a problem with a welder. It was found to be an open circuit relay coil. John hopes to rewind it with some suitable wire.

We had tea, biscuits and chocolates before knocking off for another week.
peter winstanley

Re: Electrical Voluntreers Report Sunday 13th July 2014

Post by peter winstanley »

JONATHAN-BARNES wrote: On our way to Tate Towers we were approached by one of the platform staff and told that we were no longer allowed to wear high vis clothing for walking along the trackside as it spoils the scenery. I will put my orange jacket into storage until management comes back to their senses, as no doubt they will when some poor sod gets killed with a train.
I wonder what the O.R.R. would have to say about that!!
marflow

Post by marflow »

I suspect that the real dictat is that HiVis should not be worn on the platforms or around the stations. Somehow (and I have my suspicions) this has become distorted to mean anywhere on the line.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

peter winstanley wrote:
JONATHAN-BARNES wrote: On our way to Tate Towers we were approached by one of the platform staff and told that we were no longer allowed to wear high vis clothing for walking along the trackside as it spoils the scenery. I will put my orange jacket into storage until management comes back to their senses, as no doubt they will when some poor sod gets killed with a train.
I wonder what the O.R.R. would have to say about that!!
It is like it has always been since i have been working on the railway, if you are on the Station platforms do not wear Hi Viz clothing.
If you are not on the Stations, i.e. trackside you must wear Hi viz clothing, simples!
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.