The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 01-6-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 01-6-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:) Jonathan was back at work in our workshop on Saturday, busily painting the lamp heads we had removed last week from Summerseat Station.

On Sunday the team consisted of Jonathan, myself, and Len, John was at a Christening and Clive could not make it.
We started to reassemble the newly painted lamp heads before testing them to ensure they worked OK.

Len and Jonathan then went off to test the fire alarm call points in The Trackside and Bury Bolton Street Station, every thing worked satisfactory and the findings were recorded.

The weather was brilliant today, so it would be quite pleasant working at Summerseat in the garden surroundings of the station.

All the tools required for reinstalling the lamps were sourced along with the tall step ladders and the four lamp heads, we then loaded everything onto the guards van and caught the 10:20 train to Summerseat Station.

The four refurbished lamp heads were reinstalled and then we removed the next four lamp heads after combating the numerous ants who had set up home in the lamp post bases, they are a pain as they migrate earth up into the electrical fuse boxes, which then short out.

The train was then boarded to take us to Rawtenstall for some lunch and a brew, kindly provided by the staff in the coach cafe.

The train then returned back to Bury Bolton Street Station were we unloaded all our equipment on to a trolley, then back to our workshop.
The four lamp heads were all stripped and rubbed down ready for painting next weekend.

We all had a final brew with some Morrisons Jaffa cakes, Mmmmm. 8)

Back next week for some more lamp work, no doubt.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 01-6-2014.

Post by marflow »

Hi All

Sorry I couldn't make it last week. Probably not the next weeks either as my Lad's off to down under for a couple of years with work. And the next week end is a radio rally. If one of you can get some bleach or disinfectant (e.g. £2.50 at Range for 5L) and put a Litre down the lamp holes at Summerseat it will thwart the Ants who, apparently, don't like it up 'em. I've also got more heatshrink for the RCH plugs.

LC
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere