The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-3-2014.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-3-2014.

Post by asbibby »

:D Jonathan came in again on Saturday preparing the three Ramsbottom Station lamp heads which had been recovered last week by Jonathan and Len. These were sanded down and painted by Jonathan ready for us to re-erect at Ramsbottom Station on Sunday.

On Sunday Jonathan was in first followed by Len, myself and John, Clive will be absent for a few weeks.

The fire alarm call points were checked out in Bury Bolton Street Station and The Trackside pub by Jonathan and Len, all worked satisfactory and the findings recorded.

We reassembled the newly repainted lamp heads in our workshop before loading all our gear and tools onto the next train up to Ramsbottom Station.
The four lamp heads were fitted and tested on the Bury platform and another four lamp heads recovered for rubbing down and painting in our workshop next week.

Lunch was taken in the waiting room at Ramsbottom Station before catching the next train back to Bury Bolton Street Station and the warmth of our workshop for a brew and a Chorley cake.

Hughie from The Standard 4 Group paid us a visit to ask if we could make an extension lead for work he is doing on sanding down the paintwork on 80097, now that it is residing in Baron Street Works after it's mid week move from The Bury Standard 4 workshop.
Many thanks to all those who assisted with the move, it is greatly appreciated. :D

John paid a visit down to the C & W shed to drop off some tins for their use, while i made up the electrical extension lead for Hughie and then dropped it off for him in the loco works.

One final brew we had before calling it a day, I won't be at the railway next Sunday, a prior appointment to attend. :shock:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
marflow

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 16-3-2014.

Post by marflow »

Sorry I can't be with you for the time being. Nevertheless I did some railway stuff at home: making a new protector for the LED at Rammy sig box for the Summerseat remote control. I'll get it to you via AB soon.

Clive
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere