The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-10-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-10-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:roll: Well Sunday promised to be wet and windy and the weather forecasters were not wrong, I was joined by Jonathan and Len and later Simon the ELR electrician.

First job as per usual was to check out the fire alarm call points in the Trackside and BBS, everything was satisfactory and the results logged.
Next task was to reset all the clocks in and around BBS following the change from BST, we adjusted all the station clocks & time clocks which control security lights, platform lights and toilet lights.

A light fitting was reported to us that requires refitting to the ceiling on the steps leading down to platform two at BBS, this will have to be done out of hours and scaffold erected to gain access.

Simon asked if we could install two new waterproof fluorescent fittings in one of the containers in Baron Street yard, Simon gave us the keys to the container and armed with some tools and the new fittings we made our way up to Baron Street.
On arriving we sussed out the job, two original fluorescent fittings were in situ but the fittings had been bent due to some heavy weight being placed on the container previously.
It was decided to mount the new fittings onto the existing metal fitting less the internal wiring and components, this was to save drilling into the container roof and causing possible leaks.
Jonathan and Len carried on with this work whilst i attended a meeting in the education room in BTM.

After the meeting i met up with Jonathan and Len in our workshop for some lunch a brew and a bit of warmth.

Then it was back to Baron Street yard and the container for all of us to carry on with the installation and rewiring of the new light fittings, this job will be completed next Sunday. :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
the dark lord

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 27-10-2013.

Post by the dark lord »

When i have fitted fluorescents to stuff liable to flex. I have in the past used short lengths of safety chain pulled outwards to allow for the flex. After-all you only need a little flex to pop the tubes out.