Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-10-13

JONATHAN-BARNES

Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-10-13

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

I came in on Saturday. I retrieved some carriage connector components from the condemned carriages, cleaned and painted some patress covers.

On Sunday there was me, Len, Clive and John. Me and Len tested the fire alarms as usual. We spent the morning working on the witch’s cauldron. We tried various ways to increase the air flow through the cauldron. Finally a cardboard pipe was fitted, sticking out of the bottom of the cauldron to take air to the fan inside the cauldron. This method proved to be satisfactory. We now need some red tissue paper to give a flame effect. We will also fit some red lights into the cauldron.

After dinner there were just me, Len and John. At Simon’s request we installed a 13 amp socket into a shipping container at Barron Street. The container is used as a store but it is intended to use it as a workshop. There is already a feeder cable to the container that supplies a consumer unit. We ran some conduit from the consumer unit to the new socket and wired the socket to an RCD protected 32 amp circuit breaker.

We looked at a problem with the lights in the container. There are at present two 8 foot fittings fixed to the ceiling. The ceiling is bent due to stuff being pilled on top of the container. This has caused the light fittings to bend so the tubes will not fit in.
At a future date we plan to remove the two 8 foot fittings and replace them with three 5 foot fittings. We will suspend these from the ceiling using chains so any bending of the ceiling will not cause the fittings to bend.

That was it for another day.
Union Pacific

Re: Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 13-10-13

Post by Union Pacific »

I didn't know we had any "condemned" carriages.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

Union Pacific wrote:I didn't know we had any "condemned" carriages.
:D They are not condemned carriages, they are located on carriage siding one and are used as a source of spares and to protect the main carriages on carriage siding two.
:roll:
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
RichardErnill

Post by RichardErnill »

asbibby wrote:
Union Pacific wrote:I didn't know we had any "condemned" carriages.
:D They are not condemned carriages, they are located on carriage siding one and are used as a source of spares and to protect the main carriages on carriage siding two.
:roll:
A similarity to my justification of keeping the contents of my loft, shed and garage. It is amazing how useful they are when you have just thrown them away after taking the advice of 'er indoors!
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

If you can remember where you put that MK 1 thingy that just might come in useful one day !!! :(

Bret.
marflow

Post by marflow »

I recently had a big throw out of things I hadn't used in 10 years and it's surprising how many bits I've wanted! But on the plus side, the garage and loft are clean and tidy now!

On the 8 foot flu. fittings; the tubes are now so expensive, it's worth swapping them out for 5 foots.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
the dark lord

Post by the dark lord »

marflow wrote:I recently had a big throw out of things I hadn't used in 10 years and it's surprising how many bits I've wanted! But on the plus side, the garage and loft are clean and tidy now!

On the 8 foot flu. fittings; the tubes are now so expensive, it's worth swapping them out for 5 foots.
Last box I bought cost a fiver a peice.

You can get fittings that go into the 8ft fitting and take two T5 4ft lamps.