The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-7-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 28-7-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:) Jonathan came in on Saturday and spent the day testing fluorescent tubes of various lengths, which had been donated to the railway.

On Sunday Simon was in first followed by myself, Clive, Jonathan and John, Len was having his driveway fettled and Chris was busy elsewhere.

Jonathan and myself tested the fire alarm call points in The Trackside and BBS booking hall, everything worked satisfactory and we recorded our findings in the log books.

John and Clive faulted, repaired and tested an electrical fly zapper, a new type which attracts flies by light and then traps them on a sticky sheet at the back of the light source, nasty, for the flies that is!

We then fitted heat shrink tubing on six refurbished carriage plug leads to prevent water ingress, whilst Jonathan painted five newly stripped plug shells.
Five new leads had their cleaned up copper pins soldered back on, they will be finished off after the Thomas weekend.

Lunch was then taken in the workshop with Sarah,s home cooked fruited biscuits, they were yummy.

Seeing that the weather was getting a bit iffy we decided to take a trip up to Heywood Station to see if there were any electrical problems, the train was top and tailed by 80080 and 70013 Oliver Cromwell.
On arriving at Heywood we checked around the Station and noted a couple of jobs to do before the bad weather starts again.

It was then back to BBS this time double headed with 80080 and 70013, on arriving at BBS I went to The Bury Standard Four Group workshop to have a look at the progress being made on the engine and to check out our new banner advertising The Bury Standard Four Group.

A refurbished floodlight was then cleaned and tested ready for fitting sometime in the near future on the outside wall of our workshop, to illuminate the slope from platform two.

John had to leave early for a family occasion, with that we called it a day after a final brew another another couple of Sarah,s biscuits. :D

It's Thomas next week so some of us will be helping out on the Thomas train on platform four. :P
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.