The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-7-2013.

asbibby

The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-7-2013.

Post by asbibby »

:D I came in a bit later on Sunday having been stewarding on the Saturday night for" Raise the Roof 2" concert in BBS.

The weather was somewhat cooler today than what it had been over the last week or so, with a slight breeze and a bit overcast and not much sun.

Simon was in first, joined by Len and John, Clive is still recovering and Jonathan was on holiday.
Simon asked us if we could help him at Rawtenstall Station as someone had vandalised a light fitting which needed repairing and a fly zapper which needed replacing.

We gathered up our tools and spares and caught the next train up to Rawtenstall, it was hauled by Sapper the 0-6-0 locomotive.
The vandalised light fitting was located and was fixed by using longer fixing screws, a new electrical fly zapper was installed in the Buffer Stop pub/cafe and the old one taken down to be repaired in our workshop.

On taking an inspection of the station electrical fittings it was found that some of the outside lightening conductor wiring had had a visit from the vandals, this was fixed using new rawl plugs and longer screws.
Lunch was then taken outside the carriage cafe whilst waiting for the next train to take us all back to BBS.

On examining the fly zapper we had taken down at Rawtenstall it was found that a micro-switch needed some adjustment to make it work, this was done and the unit tested OK.

We then fitted six carriage plugs leads into their newly refurbished shells and fitted new retaining screws, the heat shrink tubing will be fitted on them later to make them waterproof.

I then left while John and Simon went to look at an electrical problem in the joiners shop in the carriage & wagon workshop.

We forgot about Mr. Kipling he was left in the fridge for another day. :oops:
Last edited by asbibby on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
lightphase

Re: The Electrical Volunteers Report Sunday 21-7-2013.

Post by lightphase »

Sorry if this is a daft question but i always read your reports, and just wondered are all the electrical volunteers electricians or former electricians by trade or do you have volunteers who just have a keen interest in this area.
asbibby

Post by asbibby »

lightphase wrote:Sorry if this is a daft question but i always read your reports, and just wondered are all the electrical volunteers electricians or former electricians by trade or do you have volunteers who just have a keen interest in this area.
No not a daft question, we have ex. electricians (retired), qualified electricians, ex. B.T. engineers and ex. cable jointers and engineers, or anyone with an interest in railways, there are plenty of non technical jobs we tackle. :wink:
Last edited by asbibby on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.
Wizzo

Post by Wizzo »

They are pretty good at cake eating too !! Better than us on P Way, we only bring cakes on birthdays :wink: :D

Bret.
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

Shares in Mr Kipling have soared in recent months and its all due to the Electrical department being envious of the p-way gangs birthday trysts.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
lightphase

Post by lightphase »

Lol I new about the cake bit what would happen if a volunteer didn't like cake lol.

Many thanks for the info I had always wondered if you needed some kind of electrical background
alt

Post by alt »

lightphase wrote:Lol I new about the cake bit what would happen if a volunteer didn't like cake lol.
If they're anything like the pway gannets,no problem as there's always someone ready for seconds! :)
peterd21

Post by peterd21 »

Makes me wonder whether baking skills are more important that electrical skills !
mouldyjamontoast
Site Admin

Post by mouldyjamontoast »

I don't think you can eat heatshrink tubing though! :P
Alex King

ELR Guard, Guards Manager and Forum Admin
Member of Ramsbottom Model Railway Club
www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk
Union Pacific

Post by Union Pacific »

mouldyjamontoast wrote:I don't think you can eat heatshrink tubing though! :P

Its alright with a bit of Marmite on it.
Planes,Trains, Automobiles and Marmite on toast.
marflow

Post by marflow »

There should be Sarah biscuits this Sunday.
Deep in the very heart of Somewhere
Deaks

Post by Deaks »

Union Pacific wrote:
mouldyjamontoast wrote:I don't think you can eat heatshrink tubing though! :P

Its alright with a bit of Marmite on it.
Well you need something to make the Marmite palatable!
:D
Deaks

Support Ash Die-back. Cut down more trees.