ELECTRICAL VOLUNTEER'S REPORT SUNDAY 14th APRIL 2013

JONATHAN-BARNES

ELECTRICAL VOLUNTEER'S REPORT SUNDAY 14th APRIL 2013

Post by JONATHAN-BARNES »

I came in on Saturday and painted the steel enclosure for the new consumer unit that will feed and control the lights and high level sockets on platform 3 & 4, when it is rewired this summer. Simon had done the undercoat during the week so I did the gloss coat.

On Sunday there were me, Len, Chris and John. Clive came in with his son for a social visit and a ride. They went to Rawtenstall and adjusted the booking hall clock. Me and Len tested the fire alarms. Then the four of us went to Carriage & Wagons to investigate an old blue battery charger that had failed its PAT test. After a lot of testing and unfastening of cable looms it was found that the internal fan was causing a small live to earth fault current. We took the charger out of service. A decision will need to be made, either buy a new fan or scrap the charger as the charger is quite old.

We celebrated Len’s birthday with plenty of tea and cake.
asbibby

Re: ELECTRICAL VOLUNTEER'S REPORT SUNDAY 14th APRIL 2013

Post by asbibby »

:D I was busy minding the grandchildren Saturday and Sunday after watching Wigan Athletic in the local pub create history by beating Millwall at Wembley in the F.A. cup semi-final, this makes it an all Greater Manchester final at Wembley after City triumphed over Chelski. The final is on Saturday 11-5-2013. 8)

Back to the charger in the C & W I can get hold of a computer fan which will probably do to replace the faulty fan.

Missed out on Len's cake though, is there any left in the fridge? back next week. :)
Deep in the heart of Swinetown.